Cheesy No Cheese Sauce: Pour over life
I have a love-hate relationship with real cheese. It tastes so good! But it's so terrible for most people. The majority of people are intolerant to cheese which can destroy our guts & lead to inflammation, acne, hormonal imbalances, immune system problems, & disease. Plus standard cheese is full of antibiotics, hormones, known carcinogens, & endocrine disruptors. No, thank you! If you are going to eat real cheese make sure you get raw or grass fed & be sure to monitor your body's response to it.
I find my body doesn't tolerate any type of cheese. So I made this sauce inspired by some of my favorite no-cheese chefs. Feel free to lick by the spoonful.
Below are ways to incorporate Cheesy No Cheese Sauce throughout the week:
- Pour over noodles. My favorite are these GF chickpea noodles.
- Pour over spiraled zucchini.
- Dip for veggies or these amazing super seed crackers.
*Sauce stores in fridge for 5 days.
Cheesy-No-Cheese Sauce (Raw, Vegan, GF)
*make about 1 mason jars worth of sauce*
1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash
1/2 Cup Chopped Carrots
1 Cup Cashews (or Macadamia Nuts)
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1/4 Cup water
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1 Cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
1. Soak nuts for 2 hours and drain. (make sure nuts are unsalted and raw)
2. Cut butter nut squash in half, scoop out seeds. Place face down (meat side down)on pan with thin layer of water. Heat in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Scoop out 1 cup to add to blender. (can also use frozen butter nut squash pieces, make sure to heat first before adding to blender)
3. Place all ingredients except parsley into high speed blender. Blend until creamy (about 30-60 seconds).
4. Pour over noodles. (Can heat sauce in saucepan first)
5. Top with fresh chopped parsley and seasoning of choice (I prefer crushed red pepper and black pepper, can also add more salt to taste).
3. Store in glass jar in the fridge for up to one week.