Falafel Balls: Party in my Mouth
Restaurant bought falafel is typically deep fried and loaded with unhealthy fats and grains. But it's oh-so-delicious. So I found a way to make falafel that is grain-free, Dairy free, Gluten-free, crap-Free, & full of awesome NutriTious Ingredients. It's seriously delicious & always a crowd pleaser. Even for the most skeptical of Plant-based Eaters.
Below are ways to incorporate the Falafel balls throughout the week:
- Place on top of any salad to make it more filling and rich
- Place on top of spiralized veggies with tahini and lemon
- Eat them plain as a snack
- Place them into a gluten free pita
Falafel balls will last in the fridge for one week.
Raw Falafel Balls (Raw, Vegan, GF)
2 Cups roughly chopped carrots
1 Cup dry sunflower seeds
1/4 Cup flax seeds, ground (after grinding, equals 1/3 cup)
1 Cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
2 Tbsp Tahini
3 Tbsp diced onion
1 Clove minced garlic
1 Tsp ground cumin
1 Tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 Cup sesame seeds (*to be added after processing)
1.Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Add water to help blend if needed.
3. Roll into balls and top with sesame seeds.
3. It is not necessary to dehydrate them. However, if you want them warm and a little crispy on the outside, dehydrate them at 105 degrees for 4-6 hours. If you don't have a dehydrator you can place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 250 degrees for 30 mins.
3. Store in glass jar in the fridge for up to one week.
*Pro Tip: if you have a dehydrator; dehydrate sliced onions and tomatoes to add to your falafel salad or wrap for a serious flavorful delight.