NACHOS NACHOS NACHOS!
These really need no introduction. Healthy, delicious, life-giving nutrient nachos.
I used a variation of my basic Cheesy-No-Cheese Sauce to make it more "Nacho Cheese" like.
I used these grain-free chips and then added all sorts of goodness on top for a seriously savory, awesome plate of Nachos.
NACHOS! (Vegan, GF)
NACHO CHEESE SAUCE:
*make about 1 mason jars worth of sauce*
1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash
1/2 Cup Chopped Carrots
1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper
1 Cup Cashews (or Macadamia Nuts)
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1/4 Cup water
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1. Soak nuts for 2 hours and drain. (make sure nuts are unsalted and raw)
2. Cut butter nut squash in half, scoop out seeds. Place face down (meat side down)on pan with thin layer of water. Heat in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Scoop out 1 cup to add to blender. (can also use frozen butter nut squash pieces, make sure to heat first before adding to blender)
3. Place all ingredients except parsley into high speed blender. Blend until creamy (about 30-60 seconds).
1 Can Black Beans
1 Med Yellow Onion
2 Med Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Freshly Chopped Cilantro
1 Jalapeno *optional
1 tsp Cayenne *optional
1. Layer thin layer of chips on baking sheet. Pour about 1/4 cup cheese sauce on top.
2. Rinse and drain black beans. Place on top of cheese sauce.
3. Chop onion. Layer on top with the beans.
4. Repeat layering until you have a pile of nachos with cheese sauce, beans, and onions layered throughout.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Checking to monitor crispiness.
6. Add chopped tomatoes or salsa, fresh cilantro, chopped jalapeno & cayenne, and slices of avocado or guacamole. Also can add this cashew sour cream if you want to up your nacho game!