Savory Sauces: How To Use
Sauces are an important part of a successful Plant-Rich Diet. They add so much flavor and excitement to each meal. I prep one to two Jars of Sauce Each week and store in mason Jars in the Fridge. This saves me a ton of time during the week and makes last minute meals really easy to put together.
Below are ways to incorporate the Following Recipes throughout the week:
- Pour over spiralized veggies (zucchini, raw sweet potato, carrots, or beets)
- Pour on top of quinoa, spinach, & lentils mixed together
- Use as salad dressing over any type of greens
- Use as dressing for nori burrito roll
Sauces will store in fridge in glass jar for one week. I prefer to make my own sauces so I know exactly what's in them and I can make them super nutritious and often times more flavorful than store bought.
Go To Blended Salad Dressing
(Raw, Vegan, GF)
1 Large Carrot
½ Tomato or Red Pepper
½ Cup Chopped Zucchini
2 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 clove Garlic
Pinch of mineral salt
Handful fresh dill (*or any desired herb)
1.Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Add water to help blend if needed.
3.Store in glass jar in fridge for up to one week.
*Tip: I love this dressing over salads, spiralized noodles, or in a wrap. It’s a dynamic dressing so you can add any flavor instead of dill (ie curry, basil, cilantro....)
Thai Almond Dressing
(Raw, Vegan, GF)
1/3 Cup Almond Butter
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
1 Tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 Garlic Clove
½ Med sized Red Pepper
1 Small piece of fresh Ginger
1. Blend all ingredients in high powered blender. Store in fridge for one week.
2. Pour over zoodle salad or greens!
*Tip: This sauce over zoodles is always a big hit!